January Nail Art Theme Week: Follow a tutorial, day 2 - Polka Dots

Good Evening beautifuls! 
Today for the second day of January's Nail Art Theme Week, I have a fun polka dots manicure, made by following "nuthin' but a nail thing" tutorial.
Gradient Polka Dots Nail Art Tutorial
Edit to add: When I first found the tutorial to follow for this post, I completely forgot that I have already seen this nail art design before. Sadly, I was reminded of that today, by a sad, yet excellent post by Lucie at Lucy's stash.
Apparently this design, as well as others, were stolen from her by the notorious Miss Jen Fabulous for one of her YouTube tutorials.
I am not going to get into this issue now, except for urging you to read Lucy's post. But a credit should be given where it is due. And the credit for this beautiful design belongs to Lucie herself. And here is her original post.


First - the original manicure and tutorial by "nuthin' but a nail thing:
nuthin but a nail thing tutorial
The colors I decided to go with are first - orange, red and burgundy for the gradient, and then black and holographic silver for the dots. The polishes I used: Sinful Colors Mirror Mirror, Zoya America and L'Oreal Lush Tangerine for the gradient, Julie G Black Sheep and Color Club Harp On It for the dots.
I actually did this mani twice. Not because of the tutorial but because I decided to improve my nail art! So here is the first version. Notice the horrible clean up and over all sloppy look of this manicure:
Gradient Polka Dots Nail Art Tutorial
Now compare it with this mani. Much cleaner and neater. Wouldn't you say?
Gradient Polka Dots Nail Art Tutorial
Of course, I cannot promise to always keep this level of clean up and neat-ness. But I do promise to try. This will be my 2014 resolution! 
And until tomorrow, check out the other girls' entries below.




6 comments :

Unknown said...

Loving this!!!!

Gosia said...

I like both versions, despite the lack of cleanup.. which you don't really notice at first look!

Yun, The Polish Hideout said...

What a cute mani, Jin! I love the interesting design! :D
Happy new year, my dear! Hope your 2014 is off to a fantastic start! <3

~ Yun

FedoraHarp said...

I really like your interpretation of it!

Ashley said...

So bright and fun! And I can see a huge improvement in the second mani - kudos to you for doing it twice!

Raggio di Luna said...

I agree with Gosia, I really didn't notice the lack of cleanup at first look... And I like both versions too! :-)

Post a Comment

I love comments and I appreciate each one of yours!
I would love to hear from you but please, refrain from posting links. If you have a link that you want me to see - just email me :)
Thank you so much!