33 Days Challenge - Day 19: Follow someone's tutorial

If you know me a little, you'd know I have this little addiction other then the nail polish. I really, really really love LEGO. At home I even have a whole room that is dedicated to LEGO. And since really recently I have seen this super awesome take on the LEGO mani, I decided that one to be my tutorial to follow in today's 33DC entry.
LEGO nail art
First - the source of this incredible idea is Varnished Valkyrie. Naturally, her take on this is hundred of thousands better then mine. But she did explain how she did it and I really wanted to try so...
LEGO nail art
I think that my main problem was the glitter I used. It was too small and the little knobs are not as distinct as they should have been. It took me a while to decide to post this mani after all because personally I think it's an epic fail. But since I anyway didn't have to to do another, you get to see it.
The polishes I used - thumb to pinky - are Bondi New York Brick Road, Orly Lucky Duck, Julep January, Sinful Shine Most Sinful and Cult Nails Tempest. I also did a couple of coats using acrylic paint in the exact colors. well, the green was not 100% exact, so maybe I should say very close colors.
LEGO Nail art
LEGO Nail art

LEGO Nail art

LEGO Nail art

LEGO Nail art
So this is yet another mani I will have to redo soon. But in the meantime I guess it's a nice entry. What do you think?





10 comments :

Unknown said...

i love this post but i think i missed the part where you said what you used to create the knobs? what did you use?

Unknown said...

oops... I guess I am too tired ;-)
I used circle glitter and I layered them 3 or 4 for each knob, with some foil glue between them...

Erica said...

So cute! Love the texture on these :)

Erica | Abundance of Erica

Kimberley said...

This is so creative, they look awesome :)

M. Fourey said...

hahahaha OMG too cute and fun! And I also love the butterfly that is peeking at my comment here!

ALETA COLUCCI said...

I love this!!!! had to pin it!!! :)

Natalia A said...

OOOOoh You have LEGO nails! how cool is that? Very creative, original and very realistic too!

Anonymous said...

Gwa! This is so cool! Why have I never seen this before? :D

Raggio di Luna said...

Very creative and far, far away from "epic fail", like you wrote, so don't make me angry! :-) I liked the original LEGO nails on Varnished Valkyrie blog and I love yours! :-)

Cristina said...

Adorei, super original!!!!!

Post a Comment

I love comments and I appreciate each one of yours!
I would love to hear from you but please, refrain from posting links. If you have a link that you want me to see - just email me :)
Thank you so much!