4th of... August?

Last month when everyone was celebrating the 4th of July with fun Red, White and Blue manis, I was over my head occupied with personal issues. But I still wanted to enter the parties. Besides, better late then never, right? So please accept my 4th of July mani, just one month later.
Nails Inc Denim Effect
I started this mani with Nails Inc. Denim effect polish. Unlike the Leather effect polish that I didn't quite like, i do love the denim effect. I can't really say it looks like denim. Especially not in the close-up. but something in this polish is very rich. I love the deep color of the classic jeans and I really love that hidden shimmer and matte finish.  Application is also a huge plus as this polish is a one coater. Drying time is super quick so all you need is one easy coat and you're good to go. Also, there's one more huge plus to this polish: it does not stain the nails. I didn't use any base coat and this polish, although it is dark, deep and very pigmented, left no trace on my nails after it's removal.
Nails Inc Denim Effect

Nails Inc Denim Effect

Nails Inc Denim Effect

Nails Inc Denim Effect

Nails Inc Denim Effect
The denim effect polish comes in a nice package that includes the polish itself, two orange sticks, several star studs in silver and gold colors and nail glue to glue the studs onto the nails.
While this is really a nice and fun pack, I have to admit I was a bit disappointed with the studs. While they do look lovely, they barely held on my nails, they were sticking out of my nail on the stars' corners and they just wouldn't lay properly flat on my nails. I had much better results with the simple star studs from Born Pretty Store, which by the way, didn't require any special nail glue and were successfully glued using my regular top coat. 
Nails Inc Denim Effect
For my red and white stripes I used Orly Instant Artist stripers in Crisp White and Firey Red. I didn't try to get my lines straight and I pretty much like the resulted mani. 
Nails Inc Denim Effect

Nails Inc Denim Effect

Nails Inc Denim Effect
Well? What do you think? Would you let me in the 4th of July party even though I am so late? ;-)
if you want to actually make a opart, feel free to post your 4th of july manis  to my Facebook wall!

5 comments :

Anonymous said...

Pretty manicure! I really love the denim effect polish :)

ManisbyMoore said...

This is so cute!! I love the denim effect polish! On my wish list it goes!

M. Fourey said...

That denim effect, although not quite denim-y, is gooooorgeous! And I love your 4th of July manicure in its simplicity!

Raggio di Luna said...

Cute and interesting bottle and I like that denim effect! :-) Nice 4th August.... oooops 4th July manicure! :-)

ALETA COLUCCI said...

OMG I never even saw this polish anywhere before!!! So cool!!!!! I have had Black Leather on my WL forever. I might have to add this too! :)

Post a Comment

I love comments and I appreciate each one of yours!
I would love to hear from you but please, refrain from posting links. If you have a link that you want me to see - just email me :)
Thank you so much!