World Ovarian Cancer Awareness Day

Today is World Ovarian Cancer Awareness Day. This is a vicious type of cancer that is not very easily diagnosed on time. So raising any sort of awareness and send you to check up and make sure you're ok is the most important thing today! Do that please!
China Glaze Keepin It Teal



The color of Ovarian Cancer Awareness is teal so I have a teal mani for you today.
I started this mani with China Glaze - Keepin' It Teal, a green-blue jelly from the new Sunsational Collection.  While it has the word teal in it's name, this polish to me looks more green then blue or teal, but it still is an interesting polish. Not my favorite of this collection, but fairly high in the ranks. What you see are 3 coats. Not opaque yet but fairly close. For a jelly anyway.
China Glaze Keepin It Teal

China Glaze Keepin It Teal
If you like sandwich mani - this is definitely a polish you need to have at hand. And naturally, I decided to do a sandwich with it, but with stamping instead of glitter.  I can't say I had a huge success but I did end up with slightly more teal look. I think.
So I used China Glaze DV8 from the mythological OMG collection to stamp the "fence" using DRK-B plate. Then I used both China Glaze Take A Trek and Color Club Blue Heaven to stamp random flowers, using Nailways Spring Time plate. I ended this mani with two coats of China Glaze Isle See You Later - a blue jelly from the same Sunsational collection, except it is even thinner and less pigmented then the teal, so even after two coats the stamping was still all visible. Oh well... 
China Glaze Keepin It Teal

China Glaze Keepin It Teal

China Glaze Keepin It Teal

China Glaze Keepin It Teal
So I hope you remember the point of this mani at all: Make sure you go to see your Doctor and you do all the necessary tests to completely rule out any chance of Ovarian Cancer, especially if one or any of the following symptoms exist: 
  •  Abdominal pressure, fullness, swelling or bloating
  • Pelvic discomfort or pain
  • Persistent indigestion, gas or nausea
  • Changes in bowel habits, such as constipation
  • Changes in bladder habits, including a frequent need to urinate
  • Loss of appetite or quickly feeling full
  • Increased abdominal girth or clothes fitting tighter around your waist
  • A persistent lack of energy
  • Low back pain
Or if you have family history of the disease! Please, do not neglect yourself!


4 comments :

M. Fourey said...

Your mani looks very very pretty and those two colors together make me love the whole. But I have to admit this last china glaze collection is very disappointing...

ManisbyMoore said...

Pretty!

Yun, The Polish Hideout said...

This is so pretty! I love the subtle flowers you added on top! And the mani is for such a great cause. :-)

~ Yun

Raggio di Luna said...

China Glaze - Keepin' It Teal looks beautiful also alone, and it looks more beautiful with the stamping that you added, good choice of colour! :-)

Post a Comment

I love comments and I appreciate each one of yours!
I would love to hear from you but please, refrain from posting links. If you have a link that you want me to see - just email me :)
Thank you so much!