31 Days Challenge Day 17 - New technique

Today the New 31 Days Challenge offers a really special theme. I am so looking forward to seeing everyone's entries and get some ideas about new nail art techniques. My mani for today is something I wanted to try a very long time ago.

I saw this design at Orly's website a little bit over a year ago and I really wanted to do it but I had absolutely no idea how the newspaper part is done. So back then I ended up doing this: (sorry about the lame picture quality)
Today, since I already learned how to find tutorials and stuff like that in the nail community and since I anyway didn't have enough time to try the technique I really wanted to try (one stroke), I decided it was the perfect opportunity to try this one again. I used this tutorial over Milani - White On The Spot. I also repeated the print on the same nail a few times with different parts of the paper. I wanted to use different fonts and sizes but my paper was very dull. It only had huge font for the headlines and regular font for all the rest... So I didn't get too creative. I just recreated Orly's design. But I learnt that the paper print is very simple to achieve.  The other polishes used - Julep January and China Glaze Liquid Leather. None was Orly i'm afraid...







As usual - don't forget to check the other entries of this challenge! I can't wait to see what everybody came up with!


10 comments :

Anna's Polish Addiction said...

Very unusual, I like :)

Anonymous said...

I actually love this technique and I did a couple of manis with it :D but your idea with the french is fantastic!

Gosia said...

This is so awesome!!! I totally forgot about the newspaper prints, I've been wanting to do one for so long!!! This turned out great, I love the 'different', Hebrew letters!! :))

Agia said...

Very pretty! Great idea :)

Samantha said...

so cute!

M. Fourey said...

It looks great! I love paper print manicures, but somehow I always wear too dark colors for it!

Arletta said...

Love it! I suck at the newspaper design, yours is lovely.x

Unknown said...

Ow, I'm so in love with it.<3. Looks divine!!! Kisses.

beachgal said...

This came out GREAT! I love the lack of clarity on the newsprint transfer - I know it's a print transfer but not seeing the lettering clearly makes it look less like nail apps/wraps and more artsy. I also love the dbl line French tips with the dots on the 2nd line. Great colors.

Unknown said...

I like the bright tips with the black and white! What a fun contrast.

Post a Comment

I love comments and I appreciate each one of yours!
I would love to hear from you but please, refrain from posting links. If you have a link that you want me to see - just email me :)
Thank you so much!