Halloween Nails - Pumpkin

I always save the best for last. I don't always know if it is indeed the best until I actually try it, but I choose my favorite and save it for last. Always! So here is my favorite last: The Nail Junkie - Pumpkin.
The Nail Junkie - Pumpkin
The Nail Junkie - Pumpkin

Pumpkin is a shimmery orange base with fine green glitter and green holographic hexes. I really love this shade of orange. It reminds me of a special type of pumpkin that my mother brings occasionally. Here it is called "wild pumpkin. I don't know how it really is called but it is small, not much larger then a grand smith apple and it's outer peel has all these drawings in green and yellow on it. My mother bakes slices of it in the oven with nothing but a little bit of olive oil and herbs. It gets this dark orange shade and it tastes so sweet! Yummm!

It is no wonder that this color looks so rich. Pumpkin is very well pigmented and it is completely opaque in two coats. Application is very easy and creamy, although at times the glitter does drag a little and creates a trail on the surface. Still I don't find this a problem and some nice top coat layer would fix that easy. (Above picture is with no top coat). Also, I love how some of the glitter is being covered with the second coat and adds to this special and rich look.
Yes, I cannot fool anyone. Orange  is definitely my most favorite color. And even though green is not any favorite of mine, this polish is so beautiful and special that it easily wins its place at the top of my go-to polishes, with or without the Halloween.
The Nail Junkie - Pumpkin
The Nail Junkie - Pumpkin
The Nail Junkie - Pumpkin
The Nail Junkie - Pumpkin
The Nail Junkie - Pumpkin
The Nail Junkie - Pumpkin
The Nail Junkie - Pumpkin
The Nail Junkie - Pumpkin
The Nail Junkie - Pumpkin
The Nail Junkie - Pumpkin
And of course the Halloween stamping. I really wanted to stamp with some green but I didn't have any one suitable so I went with black - China Glaze Liquid Leather and Red Angle plate number 119.
The Nail Junkie - Pumpkin
The Nail Junkie - Pumpkin
The Nail Junkie - Pumpkin
The Nail Junkie - Pumpkin
The Nail Junkie - Pumpkin
The Nail Junkie - Pumpkin
The Nail Junkie's polishes are retailed for $10 each, with free shipping in the US and a flat rate shipping of $5 internationally. You can find them in her shop. Make sure you also follow her blog and Facebook page.

6 comments :

Andrea said...

Love that orange with the jack-o-lanterns!! It's so you! I forgot I have that plate! I need to go dig it out and use it soon!

Karen said...

Super funky shade!! I love this look!!

M. Fourey said...

You made my mouth water with your mother's recipe! I totally need to try that, send me some :p

Unknown said...

I wish the UK had interesting pumpkins I might be more inclined to trying them, We just had generic carving pumpkins and only in october! Pretty nails I can imagine what the little ones look like!

Jazz x

Yun, The Polish Hideout said...

Your mom's baked pumpkins sounds delicious! :D
This color is so pretty! I love the glitters in it. It really makes it stand out :-)

~ Yun

NATALiJA WANTS YOU! ♥ said...

super pretty *____________*


<33333

Post a Comment

I love comments and I appreciate each one of yours!
I would love to hear from you but please, refrain from posting links. If you have a link that you want me to see - just email me :)
Thank you so much!