Day 5 - Blue

This 30 Days Challenge is really running, isn't it? We're already on day five!
The polish I would like to show you today is a surprise to me. I've head it for a while, but never really tried it. And why is it a surprise you ask? because its... HOLO!!!
Yes, I have to admit: my name is Jin and I have a very bad addiction to holographic polish. If it's holo - it's welcome. And I don;t care if it's a color that I like or not, if it suits me or not - nothing. Holo - here!
So why I never got to try this polish? I dunno... I just didn't think it was really noticeable on that department I guess. Google swatches that I saw were nice but not this... clever. And now I seriously thank all of you beautiful ladies who got me into doing this challenge!

ok, enough with the talking: say hello to China Glaze - High Def:
China Glaze - high Def
China Glaze - high Def, outdoors in the sun.

Yes, I know that the holo in this picture is very very subtle. Well, you didn't think I would uncover all my cards right at the beginning did you? Let's go to the specifications first: High Def came out as part of the Tronica collection in Spring 2011.
Application - good. Smooth and easy, no pooling or brush strokes. The polish levels itself nicely. I think it's a little bit thick but after a couple drops of thinner and a good shake - it's perfect.
Pigmentation - very good. two thin coats and you're done. It is very opaque and displays nicely on the nail.
Drying time - Average. I have faster drying polishes with the same finish, but it's not a slow dry polish. It's pretty decent for us impatient gals.  Anything else i'm missing? Oh don't ask about the stickers. I got them for free with something I ordered, but I can't remember what... sorry...
China Glaze - high Def
China Glaze - high Def, outdoors in the sun.
China Glaze - high Def
China Glaze - high Def, indoors, taken with flash.
China Glaze - high Def
China Glaze - high Def,  indoors, taken with flash.
China Glaze - high Def
China Glaze - high Def, indoors taken with flash.
China Glaze - high Def
China Glaze - high Def, indoors under artificial lighting.
So you see? you need strong light for the yummy holo to show up but this babe definitely earned it's place in my holo drawer!


4 comments :

Jacqui of The Scholarly Nail said...

Wow, High Def is gorgeous!! I didn't give my Tronicas much of a chance, now I wish I would have!

M. Fourey said...

YAY! It's beautiful! The holo effect is really visible on your pictures! It might help a little with that craving of yours ;)

Gosia said...

And now I gotta call housekeeping to help me clean up all my drool from the floor!!! This polish is perfect!!! I can't believe I wore it only once, I gotta change that immediately!!! And I still wear stickers sometimes... Some df them are just too cute!!!

Yun, The Polish Hideout said...

Very pretty blue! I love how clear the holo affect is on the nails. And the flowers you added is a really cute touch. :-)

~ Yun

Post a Comment

I love comments and I appreciate each one of yours!
I would love to hear from you but please, refrain from posting links. If you have a link that you want me to see - just email me :)
Thank you so much!