Day 30 - Inspired by a Tutorial

Day 30 of the 30 Days of Untried Challenge is actually here. Phew... I did it! I actually made it through the entire challenge. LOL Well, between me and myself I am still debating over the 31st day - a recreation of a manicure I love. Should I do it? Can I let it pass? I suppose tomorrow will tell. For now I have a very photo-heavy post for you, and the nail art is inspired by a tutorial that was actually made per my request. How could I not do it?
So first, please allow me to say a big THANK YOU to Mati from Criminal Nails. A little while ago she made this tutorial for me of the Saran Wrap Manicure. I tried to dupe this mani of hers, but I chose colors that are not contrasted enough I'm afraid. This is my result:

But first I would like to show you the colors I used: L'Oreal Magic Croisette and Illamasqua - Fern.
Both these polishes are true pleasure to use. L'oreal - Magic Croisette is a dark blue with green micro glitter. It dries very quickly and levels itself perfectly. It requires two thin coats for full opacity and it's brush is no  less then perfect. Wide, soft, very easy to use.
 L'Oreal Magic Croisette
 L'Oreal Magic Croisette - bottle shot
I forgot to take this shot before I did the Saran Wrap mani... Sorry...
 L'Oreal Magic Croisette
 L'Oreal Magic Croisette in direct sun.
 L'Oreal Magic Croisette
 L'Oreal Magic Croisette in direct sun.
 L'Oreal Magic Croisette
 L'Oreal Magic Croisette in artificial lighting - close up.
 L'Oreal Magic Croisette
 L'Oreal Magic Croisette in artificial lighting.
Next is Illamasqua - Fern. A bright medium blue with silvery blue shimmer. If you were following me for a while you'd know that Illamasqua is one of my most favorite brands. Their polish is wonderful! Very pigmented, very smooth and easy to apply, great drying time. I do wish they had a little wider brush. But it is  soft enough to not cause any trouble in application. The only sad thing about Fern is... it is discontinued.
Illamasqua - Fern
Illamasqua - Fern, in artificial light.
Illamasqua - Fern
Illamasqua - Fern, in artificial light.
Illamasqua - Fern
Illamasqua - Fern, in artificial light.
Illamasqua - Fern
Illamasqua - Fern, in artificial light, close up.
Illamasqua - Fern
Illamasqua - Fern, in artificial light.
And now that you could get impressed by those real pretty polishes, Let me show you a few more pics of my Saran Wrap Manicure.






8 comments :

Jackie said...

gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Love it! Great minds... ♥

Unknown said...

I love it! I think those colours work gorgeously together!

Jazz x

M. Fourey said...

Wow I am glad and honoured that you recreated this look! I am the one who needs to thank you, because I did that tutorial specially for you, and it worked damn good IMO :) I love your recreation, that L'Oreal is gorgeous! I usually skip them because the bottle is so tiny... I wouldn't run out even if I tried... haha! Well maybe with this beauty I would!

Oh, and congrats on the 30 days challenge, you made it! :D You're becomming a pro with commitment, what's next?

Unknown said...

Very subtle I love it, congrats on finishing the challenge!

Unknown said...

Love it! You did a BEAUTIFUL job!

Yun, The Polish Hideout said...

I love this! You did a great job with the saran wrap. And congrats on finishing the 30 day challenge! :D

~ Yun

Gosia said...

dude, this is awesome!!! I really like saran wrap technique, it's so easy but yet looks great! and that Fern polish... aaaaaahhhh...

Post a Comment

I love comments and I appreciate each one of yours!
I would love to hear from you but please, refrain from posting links. If you have a link that you want me to see - just email me :)
Thank you so much!