Day 29 - The Supernatural

The 29th day! WOW!! The 30 Days of Untried Challenge is almost done! 
Well, today I am inspired by the supernatural and I really like this mani. EXTERMINATE!!!
I only recently started watching Doctor. Who, thanks to a few dear blogger friends who wouldn't stop using Doctor Who's reference that I was dying to understand. The first episode didn't impress me much. But on the 3rd episode I was already deeply in love with the Doctor. Then they changed him and I was having issues getting used to the new one, but it's such a fun show that it's easy to forget the silliness and just watch. With great pleasure I may add. Doctor Who is my daily drug these days. 
Unfortunately, I missed the Dr. Who collaboration mani that went on several weeks ago, but today's Inspired by the supernatural, made it quite obvious that my inspiration will come from Doctor Who.
So this is the Dalek, the Doctor's worst enemy. 
Image Source
To create my Dalek I started with Kiko #399 - Silk Taupe, a linear holographic taupe. Beautiful color, glorious holo and easy application of two thin coats. I received this babe from my sweet Lawyer friend at Criminal Nails, and I just can't stop blessing her. This is such a gorgeous polish!     ♥ Thank you so much Mati 
To make it look shaded, I used Chic - Frost, a metallic taupe, a little darker then Kiko. To do the dots I used Kiko on Frost and Frost on Kiko. Then I added a couple of black striping tape pieces and a black rhinestone to depict the Dalek's "eye".  Although I do have a lot of improvement to do, I am very happy with the way this mani turned. I hope you are too.








12 comments :

Kelly @ Nails for the Sake of Sanity said...

I absolutely love this! My boyfriend is obsessed with the show, I have to show him :]

Jess said...

Love this & love Dr. Who, but I too dislike the new doctor! Oh well :/ great mani though!

Unknown said...

Love them! Great job!!!

Unknown said...

So fun! And of course I love the taupe holo!!!

Jackie said...

great work!

Amelia said...

love this xx

Ariadne Elise said...

Daleks! So cool. =)

The Lacquers of Lilmoon said...

Hah! The second I saw it I thought "EXTERMINAAAAATE." Fantastic. My husband and I recently became Whovians also. David Tennant is our favorite Doctor. :o)

fingers said...

These are so awesome! I love them!

Yun, The Polish Hideout said...

haha this is awesome! You did a great job in recreating the Doctor Who character! :-)

~ Yun

Laquer Lad said...

These are the cutest daleks I have ever seen! Great job :D

Juliana said...

i just can't get enough from your daleks, loved the mani ♥

Post a Comment

I love comments and I appreciate each one of yours!
I would love to hear from you but please, refrain from posting links. If you have a link that you want me to see - just email me :)
Thank you so much!