Day 28 - Inspired by a flag

Hello again! I'm sorry for posting again so soon but... I already have a pile of so many things I want to show you, that I really need to get going! So I will show you my mani for the Flag inspiration, on day 28 of the 30 Days of Untried Challenge right now.



First let me say that the inspiration for this one is the flag of the USA. And here is the story: This mani is actually one that I worked way too many times on, until I managed to get it right. I started trying way back in July, when a few blogger friends of mine and myself had the 4th of July Collaboration. At that event, Sheila of the Pointless Cafe did this really awesome needle marble. I really loved it and I so much wanted to do one too, but no matter how hard I tried - it just didn't work. I was either too slow and the polish was too sticky to use, or I was too harsh and I uncovered the nail too much, or I used too much polish and it all pooled at my cuticles... Eventually I gave up. Until last weekend, when I had some spare time and I knew that I would have to get the flag mani, so I decided to try again. This time, finding the untried turned to be the hardest mission. For a blue I got Andrea #253 (a local brand), for the white I used Shisem A104 (I think it's a Korean brand) and the red is Color Club - Queen Of Speed. I used my orange stick and voila!


Getting all too excited I top coated it too early :-(
Since I had to uncover the top coats smear, I added some bling using China Glaze - Fairy Dust.
Ok, it only happened on the second try. I still have a lot to learn and it's definitely not perfect, but at least I learned how to do a needle marble! And the secret of it if finding the polishes with the right consistency, use the right amount and make light moves with your orange stick (or needle or whatever). But I am sorry to say none of these can really be taught. The only way is practice, practice, practice!


7 comments :

Unknown said...

You did a FANTASTIC JOB!!!! I love it! ♥

M. Fourey said...

I think the marble effect is quite cool! I also tried needle marbling last month, and did a mess... I had the same problems as you, I might post that pictures sometime. But the desired effect can be SO nice that I need to keep trying, just like you did!

Unknown said...

This is such a clever idea!

JAzz x

Unknown said...

Loving this technique look great!

Gosia said...

This is so awesome!!! I've never tried a needle marble and to be honest, I'm not sure I'm up for it reading how much trouble it gave you... I don't want to get frustrated!! So cool of you to choose an American flag!! :))

Yun, The Polish Hideout said...

Oooh this looks so good! Needle marbling seems so hard, so you go girl! :-)

~ Yun

Helen [beauty delights] said...

very cute! reminds me of toothpaste!

Post a Comment

I love comments and I appreciate each one of yours!
I would love to hear from you but please, refrain from posting links. If you have a link that you want me to see - just email me :)
Thank you so much!