Day 25 - Inspired by Fashion

Hard to believe but it is day 25 already! 5 more days and the 30 Days of Untried Challenge is done!
So today I had to get my inspiration in fashion. Not my field really, fashion that is. So I googled some. Mostly students fashion, and this is what I came up with.

My inspiration was found in this design by this year's Beijing Institute of Fashion Technology Graduates. 
Source


So I figured it was a good chance to try a few of my polishes. The base is Orly - Dayglow, which has this slight blue shimmer in the bottle, that is not translated onto the nail. I also wasn't crazy about the application but I plan to have a full post about it soon, so you will get all the details then. The other polishes I used are, from red to purple: Life (a local brand) Strawberry scented, Illamasqua - Gamma, Bourjois - Jaune Trendy mixed with Sally Hansen - Mellow Yellow, Illamasqua - Radium, Bourjois - Vert Chlorophylle, Kiko - #340, Sally Hansen - Pacific Blue and another mix of Zoya - Charisma with Wet n' Wild - On A Trip.
(Everything not linked was untried before, except Zoya - Charisma that was tried in nail art before, but not as a base.)





All pics were taken outside under direct sunlight except for the last picture, that was taken indoors under artificial lighting. I really enjoyed this one, although I would love to revisit it again sometimes, and make it better! 



6 comments :

Gosia said...

Weee, so colorful!!! Perfect ogling in today's gloomy day!!
And man!! 25 days already!!! Where does the time go????

Unknown said...

Pretty! so colorful!

Jazz x

Jacqui of The Scholarly Nail said...

This looks awesome! I love the inspiration behind the mani!

Tintin said...

This is so cool, love all the colors love your take from your inspiration.

Claire @ nuthinbutanailthing said...

Lovely!

Yun, The Polish Hideout said...

So colorful and fun! I love it!
By the way, I noticed that your comments are no longer popups. Yay, now I won't accidentally comment on the wrong post. :D

~ Yun

Post a Comment

I love comments and I appreciate each one of yours!
I would love to hear from you but please, refrain from posting links. If you have a link that you want me to see - just email me :)
Thank you so much!