Day 22 - Inspired by a Song

This song is stuck in my mind from the very beginning of 30 Days of Untried Challenge. Quite annoying I would say. I hope that posting about it now will finally take it off! My inspirational song is Bird On A Wire by Leonard Cohen. This song has way too many versions, but I prefer the original. I think it's the best.
At first, I tried a different background. I saw Debbie Crumpet's entry for day 18 - Half Moon in the 30 Days Challenge and I loved it so much! I wanted to try something like that as a background for my birds. I used a base of Essie - Bikini So Teeny (which is gorgeous and will have to get a post all for itself soon!), I sponged using Sinful Colors - Feeling Great and I added a little line of sun with Sinful Colors - Firefly. While the result wasn't exactly as I imagined it, it was... ok. Alas, when I added my birdies, the entire design looked busy and dark, I noticed that I drew the birds upside down and I just hated it.

So I tried again. This time I used two coats of Illamasqua - Raindrops over one coat of Zoya - Megan. This is such a lovely combo. Cool and rainy. I then used China Glaze - Stone Cold, from the Capitol Colors Collection (the Hunger Games), to draw my little birds. I liked the texture that Stone Cold left.

If you want to see my review of the polishes I used as base for these designs, check this post.

8 comments :

Steamy Nails said...

Both designs are pretty! I love the soft gloomy sky effect of the second one though (:

Raggio di Luna said...

I like both designs :-)
Blue and all shades of blue are my favourite colours, but this time I think that the grey version is better! You did an excellent job, I like it very much, the idea and the execution! :-)

Lacqueerisa said...

Love the second design! It looks absolutely fantastic! :D You're so talented!

M. Fourey said...

I understand what you say about a "crowded" first design, but the second one is SO NICE! It's perfect! Peaceful, you know?
And you're getting a hand on freehanding huh? I'm jealous (gelous)!

Unknown said...

So cute! You did a great job! ♥

Yun, The Polish Hideout said...

I like both versions! hehe about the birds being upside down on the first try. :P

~ Yun

Gosia said...

I agree with the girls, both versions are nice!! I personally prefer the second one but that's because I like gloomy pictures :))

RichInHeart said...

O my. I just can't express how much I love this. It is so perfect! Do you have a brush that you draw with? If so I would love to know what brush you use. Wow this is absolutely amazing!

Post a Comment

I love comments and I appreciate each one of yours!
I would love to hear from you but please, refrain from posting links. If you have a link that you want me to see - just email me :)
Thank you so much!