Day 19 - Galaxies

After the last day of my 30 Days of Untried Challenge with its lame half moon, today I really enjoyed my mani. I do realize there are some things need to be fixing, but I truly enjoyed doing this mani and I truly enjoyed wearing it!

I started with Hits - Apolo from the No Olympo collection. This is a gorgeous dark blue holo. It has a great formula, a wonderful brush that spreads nicely on the nail, making application quick and easy, it has great pigmentation and is opaque in two quick coats and it dries fast. I have nothing bad to say about this beauty.
Hits - Apolo
Hits - Apolo, two coats, no top coat, under artificial lighting indoors.
Hits - Apolo
Hits - Apolo, two coats, no top coat, under artificial lighting indoors.
Then I took one of those make-up sponges used for eye shadow. I figured it would be easier to play with it since it has a handle. Turned out I was right. I wouldn't use that one for regular sponging. If I have to cover my entire nail - I would prefer the regular sponge held with a tweezers. But for the galaxy nails, the little one with the handle was easier to use. So I randomly sponges my nails with a little bit of each color: Milani - White on the Spot, Bourjois - Jaune Trendy, Bourjois - Orange Creation and Love & Beauty - Wine. Then I sponged a tiny bit more using Hits - Apolo, just to make sure I don't loose the dark blue background. I used the dotting tool to create a little stars with Milani - White on the Spot, I sponged a little more over those and then I covered it all with China Glaze Fairy Dust. That's it. The next time I give this mani a try, I will use a darker base and I will try to be more patient and wait for my stars to actually dry before using the Fairy Dust. But other then these two minor issues, I really love my galaxies. Don't you?




12 comments :

Elizabeth said...

I love the sparkly, blue holo you used for your base--it gives these such a bright and colourful kick! :D

M. Fourey said...

It looks amazing! I love galaxy nails and never got to try them... Is it hard? And is it the first time you tried those? Because they are the bomb. I am super super super in love with your look, less dark and more vibrant! And you are worried to keep up with the level you settled before in this blog? Ah, man... NO worries! You're going higher babe!

Amy (Polish and Such) said...

I love this! It's different than the usual darker ones.

Karen said...

Wowee! Yours is amazing, I love these!! I am way to chicken to do galaxie nails... I am worried that I will put in all the effort of sponging and dotting and just have a huge mess. whoomp! lol. Clearly NOT what you did here!!

Yun, The Polish Hideout said...

I love seeing everyone's galaxy nails, and your are gorgeous!! You did so good! :D

~ Yun

ahhhdri said...

Love your take on galaxy nails, I would've never thought to use a holo as a base! Gorgeous!

NailNarcotics said...

HOLY CRAP!!! I love love love your take on this. It's beautiful!

Andrea said...

That is beautiful! I love it.

Dark Eurídice said...

Love the galaxies!

Unknown said...

this is amazing and lovely and i love it!!!

Raggio di Luna said...

From all galaxy manicures I saw in this challenge the most I love this one that you made and the one that made Victoria from Manicurator :-)
This is great!

Unknown said...

I love how colorful this is!

Post a Comment

I love comments and I appreciate each one of yours!
I would love to hear from you but please, refrain from posting links. If you have a link that you want me to see - just email me :)
Thank you so much!