Day 16 - Tribal

So we're passed the middle and I had another mani I needed to re-do twice. What will happen when I get to the real hard ones like Water Marble? So day 16 of the 30 Days of Untried Challenge requires me to do another Tribal design. This time I had no problem picking the colors. I knew exactly how I wanted them to be: My base color is Bourjois - Tangerine Fatal, a pretty coral color that could have been be pure perfection . It has the exact mix of pink and orange to create a gorgeous coral shade. It has a glossy creamy finish and it looks very pretty on the nails. Alas it is too thin. What you see here are four coats, and I can tell you that there is still some VNL under strong light.
Bourjois - Tangerine Fatal
Bourjois - Tangerine Fatal
Bourjois - Tangerine Fatal
Bourjois - Tangerine Fatal
I then drew my patterns using Nails Inc Henrietta Street, a deep wine red cream that I would have to try as a full mani soon. I needed a couple complimentary colors and I picked Barielle Swizzle Stix - a sky blue creme with hints of turquoise and Bourjois - Jaune Trendy that you already saw in this challenge.
One major mistake I did here was painting my pattern directly on my nail instead of planning ahead and get the pattern tested on a paper or my computer. So my end result is not accurate, colors are blending at some areas and in general I feel I could have make this one better. Especially since I had my experience with such pattern before. But despite all the wrong points, I do like this mani. I love the color combo and... oh well, so my pattern is not perfect. Thank god other tribes don't have to recognize me based on it...





10 comments :

Shelby's Swatches said...

What a gorgeous Bourjois polish!

Unknown said...

CUTE!!! ♥

ahhhdri said...

beautiful color, and LOVE the tribal print.

M. Fourey said...

Oh wow, that Coral Frenchie stuff is definitely amazing, and right next to your skintone, is really flattering! You could layer it over an orange, or even a white? The results could be fine!

Don't beat yourself up over this tribal, they are darn difficult to achieve (which is the exact reason why I don't attempt them) and without being as perfectionnist as we tend to be, your design is super cool and very well done!

You're amazing me with all those challenges and all, you're truly keepin' up! Congrats!

Jacqui of The Scholarly Nail said...

Wow, I love the colors you chose for your tribal design!! Awesome job!!

kelly-devilishdesigns said...

this looks fun!
I had commented one day a while back about the flippin blocks on your abc challenge page and how you did it. i was wondering if you could tell me now. email is fine. klaine23@gmail.com
thank you!

Andrea said...

Holy Mackerel!! I don't think I would have the patience to do that, but if looks a-maze-ing!! I love the combination of colors you chose, and I really love that pretty coral base color! It's just fabulous!!

Margesja said...

its gorgious i absolutely love the colors uve used! they look so good together and the bourjois polish is beautifull!!
you did a good job! x

Yun, The Polish Hideout said...

Love the coral base color! And I think your tribal design came out great! :D

~ Yun

Gosia said...

Dude, this looks AWESOME!!!! Did you know that one of the reasons I didn't want to do this challenge is because of tribal nails?? They just seem so impossible for me to achieve!! That and marble. And you did great!!!
Too bad that gorgeous coral polish has shitty formula :(

Post a Comment

I love comments and I appreciate each one of yours!
I would love to hear from you but please, refrain from posting links. If you have a link that you want me to see - just email me :)
Thank you so much!