Day 14 - Flowers

I have no idea what went through my head when I picked this color at the store. I mean -it's green. And it's definitely not my green. I wonder if I could claim temporary insanity. But what suits a green polish more then flower themed mani? So I started my 14th entry in the 30 Days of Untried Challenge with a green base of Bourjios - Vert Chlorophylle.
Bourjios - Vert Chlorophylle
Bourjois - Vert Chloropylle, indoors under artificial lighting

Surprisingly - I like this color. It's a medium green with blue undertone. Very summer-y and fun. The formula is a little too thin and you have to be careful from pooling of this polish in the cuticle area, but a careful application can solve this problem. Application is easy and the polish levels itself beautifully on the nail. With two coats you get full opacity and another bonus is the unique shape of the bottle, that has a very comfortable cap to hold when applying the polish.  Vert Chlorophylle dries pretty quickly into a glossy, almost vinyl-like finish.
Bourjois - Vert Chloropylle
Bourjois - Vert Chloropylle, indoors under artificial lighting
Bourjois - Vert Chloropylle
Bourjois - Vert Chloropylle, indoors under artificial lighting
For my flowers I used Essie - Van D'go, a baby pink that's thick enough to paint and get it's color shown even on dark base polish. In the middle of my flowers' petals I added a deeper pink - actually a neon pink - Illamasqua Collide. And the center of each flower has a dot of Zoya Charisma - a neon purple with some red undertones. Essie - Good to go top coat seals my little bouquet.
Bourjois - Vert Chloropylle
Bourjois - Vert Chloropylle, indoors under artificial lighting
Bourjois - Vert Chloropylle
Bourjois - Vert Chloropylle, indoors under artificial lighting
Bourjois - Vert Chloropylle
Bourjois - Vert Chloropylle, indoors under artificial lighting
Bourjois - Vert Chloropylle
Bourjois - Vert Chloropylle, indoors under artificial lighting


6 comments :

Gosia said...

I'm not a green person either and I really like this!!! I think it depends on the undertones. Love what you did with the flowers!!! So summery!!!
And I can't believe how fast you guys are going!!! Half way through the challenge already!!!!!

Raggio di Luna said...

Beautiful, full of life! :-)

Yun, The Polish Hideout said...

I love green, but probably not that shade on me. I think it would clash horribly with my skintone, but it looks clean and bright on yours. Love the flowers you added! :-)

~ Yun

Erin said...

I really love the colors you used! The flowers really pop! :)

M. Fourey said...

Naaaaaaais! :D Love the color and lpved that you used "temporary insanity", so on my field! Haha! We could work on pledging that if it ever was the case :) I am your lady.

Well, I guess my eyes have a problem distinguishing green and blue, for I see that blue. And love it! AND the flowers really enhanced the whole thing IMO, the colors are perfect!

Andrea said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE that green!! Green is my favorite color, even though I don't have loads of greens in my polish collection. That is a very pretty green and I love the flowers you added. Makes my want to hop a plane to Hawaii, STAT! :)

Post a Comment

I love comments and I appreciate each one of yours!
I would love to hear from you but please, refrain from posting links. If you have a link that you want me to see - just email me :)
Thank you so much!