Day 13 - Animal Print

This one is a polish I got a couple of weeks ago and I have been dying to try ever since, but I just didn't get the chance. And since it is from China Glaze - Safari collection, I thought it would be perfect for the animal print day in the 30 Days of Untried Challenge. Of course - it is holographic. I told you I was addicted ;-)
China Glaze - I'm Not Lion
China Glaze - I'm Not Lion, in direct sun.

China Glaze - I'm Not Lion
China Glaze - I'm Not Lion, in direct sun.
China Glaze - I'm Not Lion
China Glaze - I'm Not Lion, in direct sun.
China Glaze - I'm Not Lion
China Glaze - I'm Not Lion - purposely blurred so you can see the holo effect better.
I'm Not Lion is I think the most beautiful gold-glitter polish I have. It is so elegant, pretty and easy to use. In all these pics you see 2 coats of I'm Not Lion. The glitter is so dense that you don't really need anything else, and even if it's not completely opaque - it really doesn't matter. It looks gorgeous. And the fun thing - even removal is not as bad as other glitter polishes that I have. I think it's an important quality.

For my animal print I used The Chalkboard tutorial, even though I didn't quite make it right. I think I used a larger dotter then I should have. I will have to revisit this mani soon again!
The polishes I used are Nails Inc - Chelsea and Dior - Nirvana. Chelsea is a very dark redhish brown creme. Nails Inc. define this color as a deep plum black. Yeah, I think it's a good description.  Nirvana is a gorgeous teal creme. Looking at it now, I think it's all too dark. Perhaps I need to replace one of these two into something lighter. Well, as I said - I will review this mani again.






10 comments :

Agia said...

They are very, very pretty and the holo is amazing of course :) I think I will need to try this tutorial as well!

Unknown said...

Love it! Love everything about it!

Kat said...

That's a great color combination! Love it :)

M. Fourey said...

I'm not lion is ASTONISHING! I will sure purchase that off ebay, because honestly, it's a beauty!

Love the colors you used for that print :) But it's rather an uniform leopard :p

Gosia said...

I don't think the animal prints are too dark!!! They provide a very nice contrast :)))

Yun, The Polish Hideout said...

Ooh I have I'm Not Lion, and it's gorgeous! I love the animal prints you added. Teal is an unusual color to use for animal prints, but it totally works! :-)

~ Yun

Raggio di Luna said...

Beautiful colorful animal manicure! :-) And the base colour is fabulous! :-)

Andrea said...

Wowza!! Why have I NOT used I'm Not Lion?? Un-trieds. Ugh.

Cute addition of the animal print. I'm not a huge fan of animal print, but somehow the dark green makes it a little more sophisticated.

jlynntc said...

Gorgeous color combinations you used here... i love it! I like the Nirvana you added to the animal print <3

Helen [beauty delights] said...

ooo i loved it before you put the print on it but after you did, wow! nice job :)

Post a Comment

I love comments and I appreciate each one of yours!
I would love to hear from you but please, refrain from posting links. If you have a link that you want me to see - just email me :)
Thank you so much!