Q is Quite Contrary Berry

So i'm in Russia right now but I did manage to leave a post or two scheduled for the week. So today's polish in the Alphabet Challenge is another pleasant surprise. In the bottle it looks like meh. Simple, creme, dusty... But on my nails I think this is a true beauty. This is Orly - Quite Contrary Berry.
Orly - Quite Contrary Berry
Orly - Quite Contrary Berry. Indoors under artificial lighting.
Quite Contrary Berry is from Orly's Neue Neutrals collection from 2007 and since then it was entered into their permanent color collection. It's a dusty raspberry color that I think would look lovely on any skin tone. It is not quite red, nor quite pink or brown or whatever. It is some gorgeous mix in between.
Orly - Quite Contrary Berry
Orly - Quite Contrary Berry. Outdoors in the sun.
Application was easy. Two thin, even coats that dried to a shiny gloss. In all the swatch pics you see no top coat!
Orly - Quite Contrary Berry
Orly - Quite Contrary Berry. Indoors under artificial lighting.
Orly - Quite Contrary Berry
Orly - Quite Contrary Berry. Outdoors in the shade.
And just for the fun, I did a little bit of sponging and stamping on my ring finger. First I sponged a bit of Milani - White on the Spot mixed with Orly - Quite Contrary Berry to make an un-even lighter area on the nail, and then I stamped the dots from DRK-A plate using the very same Orly - Quite Contrary Berry.
Orly - Quite Contrary Berry
Orly - Quite Contrary Berry. Taken indoors under artificial lighting.
Orly - Quite Contrary Berry
Orly - Quite Contrary Berry. Taken indoors under artificial lighting.
Orly - Quite Contrary Berry
Orly - Quite Contrary Berry. Taken indoors under artificial lighting. 
Naturally, on the stamping you do see some top coat. But you can see how glossy this polish is looking on the other nails next to it!
So, what do you think of this color? Is it for you?


10 comments :

Essie Rae said...

This is GREAT! I love berry colors and I have never heard of this one. Congrats on having a "Q" too!

M. Fourey said...

It is for me indeed! :D I have a similar color, a little Debby I purchased in Paris and used almost to its end! This color seems very close to it, and you are right, it suits you like a glove! Berrylicious :p

Liesl said...

I really like this one. Such a classy, gorgeous creme.

Jacqui of The Scholarly Nail said...

This is gorgeous and I love the stamping on the accent nail!

Unknown said...

This is a really great sponging technique- I'm going to have to try it!

Amy (Polish and Such) said...

This is a color that I have never noticed but I really like it! Looks great on you as well!

Gosia said...

my gosh, I'm such a dumbass!! I have this and in my stash list it's under "On the contrary berry"!! haha, i don't even know what I have!!! And I love this color!! must finally try it out!

Daisy said...

Oh my! This is gorgeous on you! :D

Andrea said...

Wow!! Another Orly I need to add to my wish list! That two, today! This is a gorgeous color and one I know I would wear often. It would be good for any season! Love the sponging and stamping combination, how pretty! I really need to try sponging, I haven't yet. Hope you are having a blast, girlie, It sure has been a quiet week without your messages! =)

Raggio di Luna said...

Yes, I can definitely see it on my nails too! It's such a beauty! :-)

Post a Comment

I love comments and I appreciate each one of yours!
I would love to hear from you but please, refrain from posting links. If you have a link that you want me to see - just email me :)
Thank you so much!