I is for Ingenue

Today in the Alphabet Challenge I got to the letter I and I have an Orly polish to show you. This is Ingenue and it is from the 2011 Holiday Soiree collection. This collection was released just before the holiday season of 2011 and the entire collection is very icy and shimmery. Ingenue is no exception.
Orly Ingenue - indoor light and flash
Ingenue is very metallic shimmery, almost foil-y. Its a pink-purple base filled with tons of gold shimmer. I have something in my heart for all polishes shimmer and so I am enjoying Ingenue very much. It may not be unique, especially not when 2012 was so filled with foil-chrome-glitter polishes, but I think this look is so beautiful and festive.
Orly Ingenue - Natural light, direct sun
Application was pretty easy for this one. It's a little bit on the thin side so it needed 3 coats to get full opacity, but each coat drys pretty quick. For my wide nails, the Orly brush is too thin to my liking and I hate it when I have to go with more then 3 strokes over nail. But the tons of shimmer in this polish make it very forgiving to any issues with the strokes.
Orly Ingenue - natural light, direct sun
Orly Ingenue - Close up
Orly Ingenue - Artificial light, indoors
I was wondering if such shimmery polish would like to have some stamping on it so I grabbed my Zoya Jem (which you will see a little more of in my next Alphabet Challenge entry for the letter J) and I must say I like it pretty much! What do you think?
Orly Ingenue stamped with Zoya Jem
Orly Ingenue stamped with Zoya Jem
Would you stamp on such a shimmery polish? Do you think it adds or subtracts from this polish's look?


9 comments :

BeautyScraps said...

I love the stamping! The colors work together perfectly :) I have both of these polishes and now I can't wait to wear them together!

Gosia said...

I totally think it adds to the whole look!!! Look at you doing BEAUTIFUL nail art!!!

Liesl said...

Gorgeous colors and nice stamping job! I really want Jem. <3

Yun, The Polish Hideout said...

Oooh I love the color! Eggplant purple with gold shimmer looks amazing on you! :-)

~ Yun

Daisy said...

Oh my! So pretty!

Essie Rae said...

I've never stamped before - but this looks cool. And I've never heard of this color. Looks great:)

Andrea said...

I just love Orly's polish! I have many from the FX and Holiday Soiree collection, but this is one I do not have. I do have Zoya Tiffany and it looks similar to me. I like the stamp effect on top. I think it adds some dimension to the color. Very pretty on you!

Unknown said...

I've fallen in love with Orly polishes recently - such great colors and formula.

Amy (Polish and Such) said...

I really love the stamping. And your nails...I want them!

Post a Comment

I love comments and I appreciate each one of yours!
I would love to hear from you but please, refrain from posting links. If you have a link that you want me to see - just email me :)
Thank you so much!